Drowning is responsible for an alarmingly high number of accidents, injuries, and deaths each year. In fact, drowning is the fifth highest cause for unintentional injury deaths in the U.S., according to the CDC, and the third highest cause worldwide. An average of one in five of the over 3,000 people who die in drowning accidents each year are children 14 and under.
Wagner Reese, LLP has extensive experience in helping people just like you; no matter the type of drowning accident that has affected you and your loved ones. Call us at (888) 204-8440 today.
Indiana Drowning Accident Statistics
- Almost 80% of all those who are killed in drowning accidents are male, and statistics show that African Americans have a much higher rate of drowning than Caucasians (as much as 10x higher in some age brackets).
- The World Health Organization reports that drowning accounts for 7% of all injury-related deaths worldwide.
- There is an average of 390 drowning deaths in children ages 0-14 each year, according to the CPSC.
Let Us Help You
Fill out the form below and our team will contact you to schedule a free consultation.
Drowning Accident Procedures
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Contact Wagner Reese for assistance with your personal injury case
- Never sign or agree to anything without the assistance of a lawyer
- Prepare your case by gathering any relevant information that may assist in claiming your compensation (this may include taking notes about the accident, taking pictures of the scene, gathering statements from witnesses – all these things can be done with the assistance of our Indianapolis personal injury lawyer)
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or wrongful death as the result of a drowning accident, the lawyers at Wagner Reese are here to assist you with your recovery. While enjoying water recreation is part of a summer pastime, the danger of the water can become very real, very quickly.
If you are living with an injury or living without the presence of a loved one because of the negligence of another person in the water, don’t hesitate to call Wagner Reese at (888) 204-8440. Our Indianapolis personal injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve as the result of your suffering.