Indiana Pedestrian Injury Attorneys
When it comes to getting from point A to point B, there are many ways to accomplish this task- driving, riding a motorcycle, taking a bus or a train, etc. However, there is one method of transportation that everyone has participated in, walking, or being a pedestrian. Being a pedestrian, or walking, is one of the easiest, cheapest and most popular modes of transportation.
The downside, is that the number of individuals that were killed as a result of being a pedestrian, has been increasing. In 2011, the number of people that lost their lives due to an auto or traffic accident, was almost 4,500.
That means that an American is killed every other hour, every day of the year in the United States, and nearly 75% of the pedestrian deaths occurred in urban, or city areas, 70% happened at night, and over 1/3 of the pedestrian deaths involved a driver who had a BAC that was over the legal limit of .08%.
INDIANA PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT FACTS
- 1 in 5 children killed in pedestrian traffic accidents in 2011 were between the age of 5 to 9
- More than 70% of pedestrians killed in 2011 were male
- Over 30% of all pedestrians killed were involved in traffic accidents that took place between 8p to midnight
- Pedestrian traffic accidents that resulted in death accounted for almost 15% of all traffic related deaths in 2011
STEPS TO TAKE WHEN YOU ARE INJURED
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Contact Wagner Reese for assistance with your personal injury case
- Never sign or agree to anything with the assistance of a lawyer
- Prepare your case by gathering any relevant information that may assist in claiming your compensation (this may include taking notes about the accident, taking pictures of the scene, gathering statements from witnesses – all these things can be done with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer)
At Wagner Reese, it is our job to fight back for those injured in pedestrian accidents. We understand the pain and suffering you are dealing with and know how to get you the compensation you deserve to recover what you have lost and help you move on with your life. If you have been injured or suffered the death of a loved one due to a pedestrian accident, call us today at 888-710-9377 to schedule a free consultation with our expert pedestrian accident lawyers.
A Note About Recovery Limits
In 2012, Indiana put a compensation cap on non-economic based damages. For personal injury cases in the state of Indiana, any case paid by the government may not exceed an award of $5,000,000. The Indiana Supreme Court is currently contesting this cap as unconstitutional, so these limits may soon be abolished.
About the Lawyers
Stephen Wagner and Jason Reese can handle your personal injury or pedestrian accident claim with years of experience and proven results. Call the law firm of Wagner Reese today 888-710-9377 for your FREE consultation!