Indianapolis Car Accident Attorneys
In the U.S., there are almost 4 million miles of public roadways that are traveled by millions of Americans every day on their way to work, school or for leisure. While vehicles are being made safer every year, and accidents are generally preventable, with so many miles of asphalt and concrete filled with vehicles, there are bound to be accidents- some minor, some severe, and some fatal- and these unfortunately happen every day.
As a result, there is an average of more than 2 people killed each day in Indiana as a result of car accidents. Most of these accidents are caused by driver negligence and distraction, leading to over 5000 people who are killed each year nationwide.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT FACTS
- Since 2009, motor vehicle accident fatalities have been on the rise.
- In 2012, 779 people were killed on roadways in Indiana.
- 248 of motor vehicle accident fatalities in 2012 were drunk-driving related.
- The National Safety Council estimates that for every 100,000 people, there are over 10 fatalities in the U.S.
At Wagner Reese, the experienced and knowledgeable car accident lawyers work hard to fight back against distracted driving, negligent driving, drunk driving and all other types of preventable, accident-causing driving behaviors that result in a car accident.
STEPS TO TAKE WHEN YOU ARE INJURED
- Call 911 or have someone assist you in getting medical attention ASAP
- Contact Wagner Reese for assistance with your personal injury case
- Never sign or agree to anything without the assistance of a lawyer
- Prepare your case by gathering any relevant information that may assist in claiming your compensation (this may include taking notes about the accident, taking pictures of the scene, gathering statements from witnesses – all these things can be done with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer)
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries or a loss of life in a car accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation to help with the losses you have incurred. Give Wagner Reese a call and let the attorneys help fight back for your family. Wagner Reese can help you recover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, funeral expenses, future care, as well as pain and suffering. Let the experience speak for itself, and at Wagner Reese, there is not a penny due from you until your case settles.
A Note About Recovery Limits
In 2012, Indiana put a compensation cap on non-economic based damages. For personal injury cases in the state of Indiana, any case paid by the government may not exceed an award of $5,000,000. The Indiana Supreme Court is currently contesting this cap as unconstitutional, so these limits may soon be abolished.
About the Lawyers
Stephen Wagner and Jason Reese can handle your personal injury or car accident claim with years of experience and proven results. Call the law firm of Wagner Reese today 888-710-9377 for your FREE consultation!