Indiana Bus Accident Lawyers
When it comes to public transportation, there are a lot of options- taxis, light rail, and buses. While taxies and light rail are not as common, most individuals have been a passenger on a bus whether it is a school bus, a travel bus, or the most frequent, a city bus. In the United States, Americans used public transportation over 10 billion times in 2012, with bus transit making up close to half of that. With that many Americans using buses to get around, there are bound to be crashes, and bus crashes are a cause of major concern for anyone who is utilizes public transportation.
In the United States, the vast majority of buses do not have seat belts, safety restraints of any kind installed, neither do they all undergo the federally mandated testing that they are supposed to have completed. Even though buses may appear safe on the outside, it’s a frightening fact that hundreds of people are killed each year in bus crashes, and that when buses do crash, passengers are seriously injured more than half the time.
INDIANA BUS ACCIDENT FACTS
- In 2011, 283 people were killed in bus accidents across the U.S.
- In 2011, 24,000 people were injured in bus accidents across the U.S.
- 248 of motor vehicle accident fatalities in 2012 were drunk-driving related.
- The Official US Government Website for Distracted Driving estimates that approximately 420,000 people were injured as a result of distracted driving. These distracted drivers are on the same roads as city and school buses
STEPS TO TAKE WHEN YOU ARE INJURED
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Contact Wagner Reese for assistance with your personal injury case
- Never sign or agree to anything without the assistance of a lawyer
- Prepare your case by gathering any relevant information that may assist in claiming your compensation (this may include taking notes about the accident, taking pictures of the scene, gathering statements from witnesses – all these things can be done with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer)
If you have suffered an injury or the wrongful death of a loved one as the result of a bus accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation. There are experienced lawyers waiting to help you, and all you have to do is pick up the phone and call Wagner Reese at 888-710-9377.
The bus accident lawyers at Wagner Reese can help you fight back against big insurance companies and corporations that refuse to give you the money you are owed. Call today to schedule a free consultation and find out how Wagner Reese can help you.
A Note About Recovery Limits
In 2012, Indiana put a compensation cap on non-economic based damages. For personal injury cases in the state of Indiana, any case paid by the government may not exceed an award of $5,000,000. The Indiana Supreme Court is currently contesting this cap as unconstitutional, so these limits may soon be abolished.
About the Lawyers
Stephen Wagner and Jason Reese can handle your bus accident or personal injury claim with years of experience and proven results. Call the law firm of Wagner Reese today 888-710-9377 for your FREE consultation!