Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyers
Every day, at least 2 people lose their lives in the State of Indiana as a result of car accidents. Most of these accidents are the result of negligent driving and/or driver distractions which are preventable. Yet, while these dangerous and deadly crashes are avoidable, Indiana car accidents are one of the most widespread causes of death in our state and in our country. In fact, nationwide, over 5,000 people lose their lives each year as a result of motor vehicle accidents.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT FACTS
- Since 2009, motor vehicle accident fatalities have been on the rise.
- In 2012, 779 people were killed on roadways in Indiana.
- 248 of motor vehicle accident fatalities in 2012 were drunk-driving related.
- The National Safety Council estimates that approximately 28% of all motor vehicle accidents are caused by distracted drivers.
At Wagner Reese, our Indianapolis car accident lawyers have been handling cases for our clients involving automobile accident injuries and deaths throughout the state of Indiana. Because of our experience, the injury lawyers at Wagner Reese know that these accidents, while preventable, can unfortunately happen to anyone, anytime.
Wagner Reese understands that when an unanticipated event like a motor vehicle accident happens, the lives of everyone involved are suddenly affected because an auto accident involving injury or death causes disruptions to all aspects of daily living. As a result, the focus needs to be on getting the medical treatment necessary, not worrying about dealing with an insurance company.
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries as the result of someone else’s negligence behind the wheel of a vehicle, Wagner Reese can help. Don’t fight that battle alone, let Wagner Reese deal with the insurance company, while you focus on recovering. Wagner Reese can help you get the compensation you deserve to cover lost wages, medical bills, future care, and the pain and suffering you are experiencing as a result of a motor vehicle accident.
STEPS TO TAKE WHEN YOU ARE INJURED
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Contact Wagner Reese for assistance with your personal injury case
- Never sign or agree to anything without the assistance of a lawyer
- Prepare your case by gathering any relevant information that may assist in claiming your compensation (this may include taking notes about the accident, taking pictures of the scene, gathering statements from witnesses – all these things can be done with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer)
A Note About Recovery Limits
In 2012, Indiana put a compensation cap on non-economic based damages. For personal injury cases in the state of Indiana, any case paid by the government may not exceed an award of $5,000,000. The Indiana Supreme Court is currently contesting this cap as unconstitutional, so these limits may soon be abolished.
About the Lawyers
Stephen Wagner and Jason Reese can handle your personal injury claim with years of experience and proven results. Call the law firm of Wagner Reese today at 888-710-9377 for your FREE consultation!