Indianapolis Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Spinal cord injuries are often permanent, meaning that the victims will suffer with a lifetime of complications and symptoms as a result.
When the lawyers of Wagner Reese take on a personal injury case involving spinal cord injuries and paralysis, we fight for the victims to receive the compensation they deserve to have the care they require, looking far into the future and planning for that care through the remainder of their life. Our job, as personal injury lawyers, is to think about the short-term and the long-term needs of our clients.
Most clients will need damages to recover from the cost of the accident they suffered, cover the medical bills they have accumulated, and allow for the cost of living expenses they may have while out of work. We work hard for our clients to develop a Life Care Plan to assess the future costs of their livelihood as well, ensuring they and their families will be well cared for, in spite of the injury.
PARALYSIS AND SPINAL CORD INJURY FACTS
- Current estimates say there are approximately 250,000-400,000 people living with spinal cord injuries or paralysis of some kind in the United States.
- Most spinal cord injuries happen to men (82%).
- The average age of a person at the time of an injury is 33.4, although the most frequent age at which these injuries occur is 19.
- The leading contributors towards these types of injuries are motor vehicle accidents (44%), violence (24%), falls (22%) and sports (8%).
SPINAL CORD INJURY ACCIDENT PROCEDURES
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Contact Wagner Reese for assistance with your personal injury case
- Never sign or agree to anything with the assistance of a lawyer
- Prepare your case by gathering any relevant information that may assist in claiming your compensation (this may include taking notes about the accident, taking pictures of the scene, gathering statements from witnesses – all these things can be done with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer)
If you or a loved one have suffered a spinal cord injury or a paralysis injury, give the lawyers at Wagner Reese a call today and find out more about our services.
A Note About Recovery Limits
Some states, including Indiana, have imposed laws that cap or limit the maximum amount of money an individual can recover in a medical malpractice suit. When you meet with us to discuss your medical malpractice claim, we will discuss current laws and limitations. Currently, the maximum amount recoverable from a qualified medical provider in Indiana is 1.25 million dollars.
About the Lawyers
Stephen Wagner and Jason Reese can handle your spinal cord injury claim with years of experience and proven results. Call the law firm of Wagner Reese today 888-710-9377 for your FREE consultation!