Slip and fall accidents can occur in anytime, and in any environment, on slick surfaces, as the result of spills, or on uneven surfaces. Premises liability accidents may not seem like a serious issue, but in the U.S., slip and falls are one of the top causes of unintentional injury and send millions of Americans to emergency rooms every year. Even more concerning, slip and falls are the second most occurring cause of unintentional death, and in 2009, over 25,000 Americans died as a result of a slip and fall accident.
As a result, businesses and landowners have a responsibility to make their property safe for guests, customers and anyone who may pass through their premises. Accidents often are the result of loose rugs or floor mats, untreated ice, snow, standing water, loose gravel, cords, and many other types of hazards on the ground, and these slip and fall accidents often result in serious injury.
Slip & Fall Accident Facts
- In 2012 alone, there were 8,974,762 non-fatal fall injuries in the United States
- There are more than double the number of fall injuries each year than any other type of injury.
- The most common locations and causes for slip and falls accidents are doorways, clutter/cords/loose rugs, ramps, uneven surfaces, wet floors, unprotected elevated areas, unstable surfaces, ladders and stairs.
- Individuals over the age of 75 were the most at risk for slip and fall injuries.
- Falls are the leading cause of TBI in older adults.
- Over 21,000 older adults died in 2010 as a result of unintentional falls.
The lawyers at Wagner Reese, LLP have over 150 years of combined experience in assisting victims of slip and fall accidents. We handle cases involving landlords, businesses, and property owners that have caused an injury due to negligence may be in violation of housing codes, local ordinances, or national safety standards that have resulted in injuries.
About Our Premises Liability Lawyers in Indianapolis
If you or someone you love have been a victim of a slip and fall injury, give our Indiana premises liability lawyers a call for more information and schedule your free consultation today! Wagner Reese has a proven track record of securing compensation for clients and getting them the results they want and deserve.
Call (888) 204-8440 or contact us online to discuss your injuries.