Steps to Take after an Accident with a Commercial Vehicle
Commercial vehicle accidents are more complicated than traditional passenger car accidents, since multiple parties may liable for the accident. In situations like these, it’s important to take the proper steps to ensure your rights are protected.
If you were involved in a commercial vehicle accident, the company that owns the commercial vehicle and/or their insurer will do everything in their power to avoid liability or fault. This is why it’s vital you take the steps necessary to prove that the commercial vehicle’s driver, maintenance, manufacturer, or cargo led to the accident.
Review the following steps to take after an accident with a commercial vehicle:
- Check on all drivers and passengers and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Contact the police.
- Get the necessary information from the commercial driver, including their contact information, driver’s license, license plate, insurance information, and company information.
- Inform your insurance company and let them know this accident involved a commercial vehicle.
- Keep track of any and all medical treatment to illustrate the effect this accident has on your health and well-being.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, any damage, and injuries.
- Avoid discussing the accident with anyone except your personal injury attorney.
If you were involved in a commercial vehicle accident, it may seem intimidating to seek legal action against a large company. However, you don’t have to do it alone. At Wagner Reese, we have fought for the rights of the injured across Indiana for decades, and we’re prepared to take on the commercial vehicle’s driver and owner responsible for your accident.
If you have been injured in a commercial vehicle accident, contact Wagner Reese at (888) 204-8440 for a free initial case evaluation.