Wagner Reese to Sponsor Indianapolis Bar Diversity Job Fair in August
As a prominent law firm in Indiana, our attorneys at Wagner Reese understand the importance of fostering the careers of talented students showing a promising future in law. The Indy Bar Diversity Job Fair’s steering committee includes our own Laura Walker Swafford. With a diverse legal background, Ms. Swafford has generously donated to the Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair on behalf of Wagner Reese law firm. Our firm will sponsor the event, which takes place August 5th & 6th, along with other prominent organizations in our community.
The event is presented by The Indianapolis Bar Association, and law students will have the opportunity to be interviewed by local law firms, government agencies, and corporations. Members of the judiciary will also be given access to a talented pool of candidates. The second-year law students set to graduate in 2021 will span a broad spectrum of demographics and have a common goal of finding a one-of-a-kind legal experience in our Indianapolis community, a Midwestern city with cosmopolitan style and small-town charm.
In 2018, 38 law students from around the country had the chance to speak to their choice of 29 local employers. Over 50% of interviewing students received callbacks, and dozens of employment offers were made as a result. As an Indiana native, Ms. Swafford is thrilled to help sponsor this worthy local event.
Information about the event:
- Date: Monday, August 5th and Tuesday, August 6th
- Time: See the full schedule of events on the IndyBar Diversity Job Fair website
- Registration deadline: Students may register through June 19th
- Location: The Hilton Indianapolis at 120 W Market St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Hotel accommodations: Students will be given a reduced room rate of $161 for Monday, August 5th
- Entry fee: Free for students
- Tuition scholarship opportunities: IndyBar employers will be awarding $2,500 merit-based scholarships to interviewing students
- Travel scholarships: Need-based candidates outside of the Indianapolis area are invited to apply for hotel, flights, and transportation expenses
- Dress code: Business attire
Contact us or call (888) 204-8440 today for more information about our law firm.