Nominate the Heroes in Your Life for the 2018 Inspire Awards
- The Inspire Awards is a signature event put on by College Mentors for Kids, an organization that motivates more than 2,500 students to reach their full potential and positively impact their community by partnering with more than 2,800 local college student mentors.
- The award event will be held on Thursday, February 22nd at 12:00 p.m. right here in Indianapolis.
- These special awards recognize mentors in the workplace and community in seven industry categories. Last year, Indiana Super Lawyer, Jason Reese was honored to have been chosen as the Mentor of the Year, representing the Accounting, Legal, and Finance category.
- Jason has been asked to join the selection committee to choose the 2018 awardees and review an amazing group of leaders who will be nominated here in Indiana.
- If you have someone who has sat down with you over coffee and given advice, challenged you to grow, listened to new ideas, and encouraged you to pursue your dreams, Jason welcomes you to honor them with an 2018 Inspire Award nomination.
- The nomination process is open now thru Sunday, January 28th.
- For more information on the rules of the nomination and how the selection process works, check out today’s blog or drop Jason a note via email or on LinkedIn.
- Congratulations to all of the nominees!
Jason Reese Chosen to Help Honor and Recognize Local Mentors
In 2017, Jason Reese was a recipient of the Mentor of the Year Inspire Award by the nonprofit organization, College Mentors for Kids. The organization has a goal to motivate students to reach their full potential and positively impact their community by partnering more than 2,500-grade school children with 2,800 local college student mentors.
The Inspire Award celebrates the spirit of organization’s mission by identifying adult professionals who have profoundly invested in the careers and lives of others through mentoring. More than 35 nominations, in seven professional career categories, were accepted in 2017. Jason received the award in the Accounting, Legal, and Finance category. A selection committee determined the winners.
This year, Jason has been invited to serve on the 2018 selection committee and help more than 500 business representatives and community leaders celebrate a mentor who has impacted their lives or the lives of others.
Jason says he is thrilled to support the nonprofit and truly honored to be a part of the awards program this year. “I grew passionate about mentoring because I recognized that the successes I have had are greatly attributed to my own mentors. Men, like my father and other lawyers, took me under their wing and taught me the nuances of complex litigation,” says Jason. “I look forward to congratulating all of the well-deserving nominees for this year’s award.”
The 2018 Inspire Awards will be held at the J.W. Marriott in Indianapolis, Indiana on Thursday, February 22nd, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Five finalists will be selected from each category and announced Tuesday, January 30th. All nominees and nominators will receive discounted Inspire tickets. Finalists receive a complimentary ticket and two additional discounted tickets.
“I encourage others to recognize the local mentors in their lives and join in on the nomination process, which is open now thru Sunday, January 28th,” Jason continues. “And, if you don’t have anyone to nominate this year but interested in participating in the College Mentor Program, visit collegementors.org for more information.”
The 2018 Inspire Awards
- College Mentors for Kids’ board directors, committee members, and college student volunteers are not eligible to win an Inspire Award.
- Individuals from selection committee members’ companies, board directors’ companies, and event sponsors may nominate and be nominated.
- Selection committee members with a connection to a nominee will excuse themselves from scoring/discussion of that nomination.
- Finalists are asked to attend the awards luncheon or to send a representative on their behalf.
For more information on the rules of the nomination and selection process, sample nominations, and previous finalists visit www.collegementors.org/inspire.
Jason Reese – Indiana Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice & Wrongful Death Lawyer
Indiana Super Lawyer, Jason R. Reese, has devoted his 20-year legal career to representing victims of personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death. Growing up in Northwest Indiana, Jason attended the University of Arizona on academic scholarship, then graduated at the top of his class, magna cum laude. Jason received his law degree with honors from Indiana University School of Law–Bloomington in 1997.
Jason is involved in several pro bono and community activities in the Indianapolis area. He is the Past President of the Board of Directors for Centerpoint Counseling, a not-for-profit organization that provides free counseling services to family and children in Marion County. He is a member of the Grace Church Legal Ministry team and currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic. The Clinic is a faith-based, non-profit organization that provides critically needed legal services to over 14,000 low-income Hoosier families per year.