Choking Danger Prompts Recall of Popular Pacifier
- A popular baby pacifier holder, Dr. Brown’s Lovey, has been recalled after multiple reports of a design defect that poses a choking hazard.
- S. Consumer Product Safety Commission officials say the recall of more than 590,000 of the products was voluntarily led by manufacturer, Handi-Craft.
- The lovey pacifier and teether holders were sold at Bed Bath & Beyond, K-Mart, Target, Toys/Babies ‘R Us, Walmart and other stores nationwide including Amazon.com for about $10.
- If your child is using one of these Lovey pacifier and teether holders, you are urged to stop using the affected product.
- If your child was injured using one of these loveys, contact the product liability attorneys at Wagner Reese as soon as possible. There is a possibility you have a case for product liability against Handi-Craft and it’s responsible parties because of the dangerous design defect.
Dr. Brown’s Pacifier Holders Recalled for Choking Hazard
Handi-Craft, a manufacturer and distributor of baby bottles and accessories, has prompted a voluntary recall for nearly 590,000 pacifier and teethers sold in the U.S. and Canada between August 2015 and March 2018. U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) officials have said although no injuries are known at this time, the March 15, 2018 recall of Dr. Brown’s Lovey pacifier and teether holders was necessary after a reported 67 instances of a snap detachment from the pacifier ribbon occurred and posed a choking hazard to infants and young children.
Recall Information You Need to Know
The recall covers Dr. Brown’s Lovey pacifier and teether holders that were sold in character styles of a Giraffe, Zebra, Turtle, Reindeer, Frog, Spring Bunny, Deer, and Bunny. These products were sold for about $10 at Bed Bath & Beyond, K-Mart, Target, Toys/Babies ‘R Us, Walmart and other stores nationwide including Amazon.com. Consumers can confirm lot codes included in the recall at www.drbrownsbaby.com/recall-lovey. The lot codes are printed on the tag attached to the pacifier holder and include:
If your child is using one of these lovey pacifier and teether holders, you are urged to stop using the affected product and to contact Handi-Craft for a replacement product or merchandise of equal or lesser value.
Handi-Craft is Responsible for Product Design Defects
Product liability refers to the responsibility of the manufacturer or producer of a product, making a product available for the general public that is dangerous, defective, harmful, or otherwise unsafe to use and does not meet the standards for safety. The responsible parties can include the company that made or produced the product, the maker of parts for a product, and/or the store that ultimately sold the product to consumers.
There is a possibility that Handi-Craft and its responsible parties may face several product liability cases with this recall because of the dangerous design defect. Product liability injuries may have already occurred or could still occur because the Lovey pacifier and teether holders were available for consumer use and were defective, not safe, and did not perform within the manufacturer’s original intent.
Wagner Reese Attorneys Can Help Your Family
If your child has sustained an injury due to a Dr. Brown’s Lovey pacifier and teether holder that was sold in character styles of a Giraffe, Zebra, Turtle, Reindeer, Frog, Spring Bunny, Deer, or Bunny, contact the lawyers of Wagner Reese. With decades of experience in fighting back against manufacturers of all kinds and holding them to higher standards to produce quality materials that won’t injure or harm people, especially children, we know how to help you.
Simply send us a message and one of our attorneys will review your information and respond promptly. If you wish to speak with us, please call (888) 204-8440.