Summer Concerts - Have Fun & Stay Safe!
It’s a favorite pastime for so many of us, and a great way to have a fun time with your friends and loved ones, but concerts can quickly get out of hand if we’re not careful.
It may seem like something that stayed in the 70’s, but drugs and alcohol, trends like moshing and crowd surfing, and all kinds of other dangerous behaviors still go hand in hand with many of today’s concerts.
So whether you’re planning to see Brandi Carlile this weekend, Kenny Chesney next month, you’re taking your teens to see One Direction in July, or you plan to celebrate the beginning of school with the American Idol Live Tour, here are our best tips for keeping you and your loved ones safe at any concert:
- Stay away from anything that seems too good to be true, such as scalpers & last minute ticket dealers. If you didn’t buy your tickets in advance, don’t try to get them outside of the concert.
- Avoid rough and rowdy crowds inside the show. It may look fun to jump into that mosh-pit, but people get injured in these pits far more often than you’d think. Not only that, but it’s very easy to get separated from your group when you get sucked into a mosh pit.
- Stay hydrated and sun-protected. If your concert is outdoors, remember to take plenty of sunscreen with you, and drink plenty of water! It’s so easy to get dehydrated, even indoors if you are dancing and sweating.
- Your hearing is much more fragile than you think. Don’t take risks just because nobody else is wearing ear plugs. Protect your ears!
- Stay in groups. Keep track of the people you’re with, go to the restroom and to merchandise booths in pairs, and make sure you have cell phone numbers to contact one another.
- Have a contingency plan. If you do get separated, or if someone gets injured or needs to leave for some reason, discuss a meeting place previous to going into the show so you can find one another if needed.
Wagner Reese – Personal Injury Attorneys
If you or your friends are injured at a concert this summer, the attorneys of Wagner Reese are here to help you with your recovery. We hope you will all stay safe and protected, but we know that accidents do happen. If you need our help, give us a call at (888) 204-8440 to schedule a free consult with one of our personal injury attorneys.