Checking in on Levi Snyder
Just one week ago, Levi Snyder was injured on the job while employed by Great Dane. Although he was treated at the scene of the accident, he was later transported to a local hospital for further treatment where he remains in a guarded condition. Great Dane continues to express its support for Levi, and on Monday, the company issued a statement saying “Great Dane extends its heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Levi’s family, friends and co-workers during this difficult time.” Levi is only 23 years old.
While unfortunately, work place accidents do happen frequently all around the country, Indiana has implemented safety standards and regulations which have helped to keep Hoosiers safe. According to the Indiana Department of Labor, “In 2013, Indiana reported the lowest number of workplace injuries and illnesses in history—3.8 per 100 full-time workers.” The Indiana Department of Labor’s projects rage from topics like Teen Safety to Late Night Retail Workplace Violence—all aimed at decreasing workplace injury.
Five simple tips can even further protect you and your loved ones from workplace accidents:
- Slow down: don’t take shortcuts and make sure you fully understand instructions
- Keep an eye out for safety hazards: make sure equipment is getting needed updates
- Dress for the weather so you are always prepared
- Make sure to adhere to any safety regulations and wear any necessary safety equipment
- Keep an eye out for messy hazards. Even a simple spill can cause trouble later!
Wagner Reese – Work Comp Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured at work, the worker’s compensation lawyers at Wagner Reese can assist you with taking the next steps toward financial recovery. If you have questions or concerns about worker’s compensation, give us a call at (888) 204-8440 to schedule a free consultation.