Pedestrian Accident Site Investigations - Where is it Dangerous?
A local non-profit organization has taken on a project to protect and prevent pedestrian accidents in the city of Indianapolis by identifying some of the biggest problem areas for crashes.
Health by Design is a nonprofit that works to promote healthy lifestyles, including exercise and physical activity. This project began with an award from the city; a grant equaling $20,000 so Health by Design could study traffic patterns, problem areas, and accident statistics, in an effort to offer suggestions and improvements that will reduce pedestrian accidents.
Health by Design was able to compare the areas with the most crashes involving pedestrians to the land area in these crashes, and they identified 10 spots (outside of downtown) that are the riskiest locations for pedestrians.
Those 10 most dangerous intersections in Indianapolis, not in order, are:
- West 86th Street between Michigan and Harcourt Roads, including portions of Michigan, Township Line and Harcourt roads
- West 34th and 38th Streets, from Moller Road west to 465, including portions of High School and Moller roads
- West 38th Street between Boulevard Place and Meridian Street
- East 38th Street from the State Fairgrounds to Sherman Avenue
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street from 25th to 30th streets
- Meridian and Illinois Streets from 14th to 34th streets, including extended portions of 16th, 28th, 29th, 30th and 32nd streets
- West 10th Street from Tibbs Avenue to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street
- East 10th Street from Woodruff Place to Arlington Avenue
- West Washington St. from 465 to Holt Road, including portions of Oliver Avenue and Morris Street
- East Washington Street from Willard Park to Arlington Avenue, including portions of Michigan, New York and Rural streets and Emerson Avenue
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys – Wagner Reese
We are thrilled that there are organizations like Health by Design who are working to make Indianapolis a safer place for us all to live and work together! We do recognize that even with every safety precaution in place, accidents still happen. You shouldn’t be left to suffer because of something that isn’t your fault.
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident while crossing the street, the attorneys at Wagner Reese are here to assist you in recovering damages for your injuries, lost income, and suffering. Call our pedestrian accident attorneys at (888) 204-8440 today to schedule a completely free consultation.